• Menu
  • Home
  • Secure login
  • Telephone: (023) 8055 7531
University Health Service
Page specific image

How to request a DSA report

The University's Enabling service sometimes request we confirm a student's disability or illness by writing a report, so that they may apply for Disabled Student Allowance to Student Finance England. They use this allowance to fund their work with you or fund the purchase of special equipment for you.

You can apply for DSA if you are a higher education student living in England and you have a:
• substantial disability
• substantial long-term health condition
• substantial mental health condition
• specific learning difficulty

Please note, in the 2015 version of their report form, SFE explicitly excluded problems that were not substantial and long-term in nature.